Single-dose or multiportion packs are an attractive and convenient packaging solution for a wide range of consumer goods. They include detergents and cleaning agents, coffee and tea, OTC products and nutrition as well as instant drinks and many other products. Whether it is aluminum foil or difficult to handle PVA/PVOH film (polyvinyl alcohol), cold forming or thermal forming – Harro Höfliger offers proven technology that is perfectly customized for the specific product. Pre-dosed pouches for the dishwasher or the washing machine are made of water-soluble film that is thermoformed to shape and filled with powder, gel or liquid at high speeds. Our experience in film processing is reflected in every process, from feeding, forming, dosing, sealing, perforation, punching or cutting to packaging.
- High process reliability from many successfully implemented projects
- Expertise in handling difficult materials such as PVOH
- Different shapes and formats including multi-chamber packages and triangular pack styles
- Designs like drinking straws and filter packs
- Technology supply from process development to feasibility studies to high output solutions
- Support provided by our services such as Pharma Services, Engineering and Innovation Services (EIS), Device Services and Validation Services
Patented water sealing
By means of our contactless process for the water sealing of water-soluble PVOH film, very narrow and at the same time exceptionally resilient sealing seams are produced. This sealing method enables the economical production of packages with any desired contour at high speed.
Filling to capacity is possible thanks to our flatbed machine design. During the powder filling, the sealing edges are covered, and an integrated dust extraction is used. In combination with our patented particle cleaning system this allows reliable sealing results.
Engineering & Innovation Services
On the way to the detergent or dishwasher product, our specialists from Engineering & Innovation Services (EIS) support customers right from the start. They develop a machine process capable of bringing the film into shape, filling and sealing it and subsequently punching it out.
Water-soluble pouches, also known as pods or tabs, consist of PVOH (polyvinyl alcohol) film filled with detergent or cleaning agent. The pre-dosed products offer the consumer a convenient application, which is especially safe thanks to water sealing.